We are currently seeking a Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting responsible for the accounting and consolidation of The Simply Good Foods (Parent company of Atkins Nutritionals, Inc.) Company’s financial statements in accordance with US GAAP standards. The Director of Accounting and Financial Reporting will coordinate the close process of the US, Canadian, and international businesses on a monthly, quarterly, and annual basis. Will work directly with the external auditors, consultants and advisors. This role works with other departments including SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting, FP&A, Sales, Supply Chain, Marketing and Legal to ensure accurate and complete reporting. This role has high exposure to the CFO and reports directly to the VP, Controller & Chief Accounting Officer.
- Manages and supervises US Accounting department personnel (8); including AR, AP and Corporate Accounting teams
- Constantly improves processes and procedures to increase efficiency, improves documentation, and identifies proper internal control processes
- Reviews Consolidated Financial Statements on a monthly basis; accountable for monthly review of certain account reconciliations and his teams completion and review of all account reconciliations, ensures compliance and accuracy with US GAAP
- Reviews and responsible for executing certain controls across the finance and accounting organization to ensure compliance with SOX framework
- Appropriately incorporates guidance from our SEC & Technical Accounting team into the Accounting organization’s processes
- Works with external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, directing the team on how to properly fulfill requests and communicate our accounting policies and procedures.
- Management of corporate banking relationships and treasury functions
- Assist SEC & Technical Accounting team in preparing and reviewing quarterly and annual filings as well as helping to establish SOX compliant controls framework across the organization
- Assist Chief Accounting Officer with the development of a consolidation tool and reporting system that is currently in process
- Create processes for implementing newly acquired entities into monthly close process
- Oversees filing of certain tax forms by his team including sales and use tax and annual 1099s as well as for maintaining payments due to local, state, and federal jurisdictions
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong analytical and problem solving skills, as well as exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills
- A service oriented individual that continually challenges the status quo and focuses on continuous improvement
- Proven record of accomplishment for successful completion of accounting guidance-related projects
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to successfully lead teams and demonstrate leadership abilities
- Ability to recognize situations that pose an ethical dilemma and identifying situations that fall under compliance
Education: Bachelor’s degree from four year college in related fields required; BS in Accounting/Finance
Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required
Experience: 10+ years of directly related experience in accounting, minimum of 5 years in a supervisory capacity
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.