The Retail Business Manager is responsible for developing strategic interaction within Atkins Retail and Broker Partners to execute Retail Sales aligned with company objectives “retail excellence” ultimately to sell more off the shelf at full retail. The Retail Business Manager will act as a primary retail resource for field sales in a determined geography:
- To align with strategic Atkins functional sales leaders to develop expertise and leadership for planning and executing retail plans.
- To execute “retail excellence” with our broker partners and help develop the process that will drive sales at retail such as planogram integrity, scorecards, national audits, training and retail performance reviews.
- To initiate and accelerate the most productive relationship with retail brokers and insure that they can fully represent ANI business units and attain assigned merchandising standards at retail.
- To focus a major portion of time to the training of broker retail management in accordance with ANI retail standards.
- To hold primary responsibility for evaluating and enhancing retail store conditions in the market, while delivering on the ANI retail objectives.
- To prioritize retail opportunities and objectives for the Sales and Atkins Business Units and effectively communicate progress back to sales management.
- To develop a timetable for completion and a means to measure results to insure sales volume and profitability are enhanced.
- Integrates retail execution into the business process through interaction with Sales Operations, Customer Sales Team and Brokers.
- Interface with customer and broker by providing:
- Current retail state vs. objectives
- Corrective action recommendation using customer scorecard
- Category expertise and schematic development
- Build relationships and conduct quarterly reviews with broker Retail Directors in key markets to provide emphasis and gain alignment of Atkins retail goals.
- Manages retail training and programs in the areas of product knowledge, selling concepts and retail program implementation
- Owns, manages and evaluates local retail goals
- Provides the retail expertise in the launch of major new item and distribution drive initiatives – develops retail excellence culture.
- Consults on everyday improvement of shelf conditions and provides insight on retail issues to internal sales and business units.
- Assure business unit retail concepts are effectively implemented to meet sales objectives.
- Prepares and implements an “Atkins Market Audit Days” to use as guide to define current market activity and retail conditions for both Atkins and the competition.
- Provides ongoing evaluations of retail merchandisers and broker companies through company scorecard and retail expectations.
- Participates and leads special projects and assignments as required.
- Participates in all other miscellaneous ANI and departmental tasks as required.
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings.
Knowledge/Skills and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of 4 P’s of marketing
- Strong Knowledge of project management techniques and tools
- Knowledge of negotiating methods, principles and concepts
- High level interpersonal skills to build strong work relationships with internal and external customers
- Coordinate work with a diverse group of individuals, be an effective team member, and negotiate solutions to problems
- Strong project management skills, collaboration skills, and self-management skills (ability to prioritize, plan, and organize own work; flexibility to adjust to constantly changing priorities)
- Excellent time management skills, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Exemplary writing, listening, communication, collaboration and presentation skills
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment, (MS Office, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong analytic intuition, critical thinking and problem resolution ability
- Ability to implement strategic and tactical processes
- Ability to successfully lead teams and demonstrate leadership abilities
- Ability to think independently
- Ability to track and synthesize information coming in from various sources
Education: Bachelor’s degree from four year college in related fields required; Business, Marketing.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years’ experience in consumer products. Focus in retail sales marketing operations/project management required.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced business environment.
- Involves daily contact with ANI Sales Teams, ANI Customers and ANI Broker Community.
- Work may be stressful at times.
- Travel up to 75%
This position can be located in the western half of the US; Dallas, Phoenix, Denver, Las Vegas. *Access to major airport critical.
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.