We are seeking a Sales Assistant responsible for performing sales service support, processing trade marketing initiatives, communicating sales updates, analyzing daily sales and shipments, shipping/receiving of sample products and sales materials as well as providing overall support to the Senior Vice President of Sales, Sales Operations and the Sales Team. This position has multiple responsibilities including but not limited to coordination and execution of internal and external sales initiatives.
- Manages and facilitates Trade marketing needs: new displays, new items, bonus packs, advertisement, coupon creation, on-line promotion, point-of-sale material and other retail opportunities
- Assists in sales planning and promotional coordination
- Responsible for preparing sales presentation materials and proposals, updates and edits sales sheets and meeting materials under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Sales
- Responsible for sending product samples, product mock-ups and POS materials to current and prospective customers. Responds to field sales team requests; fulfills orders, and sends mock-ups and product samples for sales calls in a timely manner
- Manages the inventory of product samples; orders, stocks and maintains sample product inventories and sales materials as needed
- Acts as project lead for special projects and initiatives, under the direction of the Senior Vice President of Sales
- Provides support in the planning and launch of new products
- Assists with new item forecasting and tracking
- Responsible for generating daily, weekly or as needed reports for management and sales team as requested
- Assists with data collection and analysis
- Provides support during promotional planning and training meetings with sales reporting updates and creation / printing of materials
- Support during sales meetings: set-up, agendas, logistics, etc.
- Process expense reports, schedule meetings and book travel
- Actively brings ideas, suggestions, and concerns to team for consideration
- Participates in all other miscellaneous Atkins Nutritionals and departmental tasks as required
- Attends departmental/cross-functional meetings
- Knowledge of Atkins Nutritionals products, market, and demand
- Knowledge of the 4 P’s of marketing
- Knowledge or customer service principles and practices
- Knowledge of administration and clerical processes
- Knowledge of consumer packaged goods industry and go-to-market strategies & tactics
- Self-motivated with a desire to make an impact
- Exemplary writing, listening, communication and presentation skills
- Outstanding computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Excellent time management skills, ability to prioritize multiple tasks, exceptional organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively manage multiple projects/tasks of varying complexities and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Independent judgment is required to plan, prioritize, and organize diversified workload, recommends changes in office practices or procedures
- Ability to work in a self-directed environment with a “push up your sleeves” work ethic and “dive right in” style.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree from four-year college in related fields required.
EXPERIENCE: 3-5 years in experience providing customer service, supporting a sales organization or team, sales support and sales operations roles; preferably in consumer packaged goods.
- Work is performed in a fast-paced office environment
- Involves daily contact with Atkins Nutritional customers
- Work may be stressful at times
- Work may require sitting for long periods of time; requires manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, calculator, telephone, copier and fax machine and scanner.
ANI provides equal employment opportunity to all persons and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability or veteran status.